So I've been working on my TRex this morning and all went well. I was ready to split the jaw, so I made a mask and did as shown in class, which is (according to my notes):
Subtool --> Split --> Split masked points
Display Properties --> Double (side)
And right there, my model is... weirder than what happened in class. I did complet the whole process with Subtool --> Merge + Geometry --> DynaMesh, but it only got weirder and weirder. So I backed up and tried again, without any success.
So, my problem is that when I do a double side, instead of doing a "purple new object" to fill the inside of the jaw, I only see the inside, but "paper thin" like. All the side of the "cut" is also a "pixel-art" kind of cut and I can't smooth it out. It feels like I only see the inside of the shape, instead of having created a "filling" new part... or it feels like I forgot to note a step or something... !?
Please help!?!
Here's a screenshot and a close-up to better illustrate (might need to open them up to see it!?):


Hey,
ReplyDeleteWhat you could do to is:
First, merge down the two shapes :
Subtools - merge - merge down (select the top shape in the window before clicking on merge down)
Once your shapes are merged down, go to Geometry - Dynamesh.
Make sure you are on the lowest subdivision level possible so that ZBrush doesn't freeze, and delete any other subdivision levels before clicking Dynamesh.
Now you should be able to sculpt your model once again. I advise you to use the Smooth brush to get rid of the artifacts created during the split of your mesh, before sculpting it further.
Hope that helps ^^
Ok, I see. For some reason, the first DynaMesh didn't do much, but maybe I was in "too high" rez. Lowering down the rez before somehow did the trick and the inside of the jaw is filled properly now. Thank you so much! ^_^
ReplyDeletewhen having multiple subdivision levels, dynaMesh would attempt to use the "Freeze SubDivision Levels" function, which tend to cause problems.
ReplyDeletesimply delete lower subdivision levels before dynaMesh would avoid the problem.
thanks Martin for sharing the knowledge.